Acceptable Use Policy
Wave Works Solutions, LLC
Acceptable Use Policy
Thank you for choosing Wave Works Solutions as your business partner. We've developed this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") to help you use the products, services and equipment provided by us (Services), and ensure that you understand policies and procedures we have developed to comply with certain laws and regulations. All users of the Service must comply with this AUP. This AUP is made part of our Terms of Service ("TOS"). Your use and/or continuation of the Service constitutes your acceptance of this AUP. It is your responsibility, and contractual obligation, to ensure that your affiliates, agents, and/or customers (End User(s)) comply with this AUP.
This AUP governs the use of Wave Works Solutions' web hosting service and all products and Services offered by Wave Works Solutions. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Wave Works Solutions regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Wave Works Solutions' interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact .
Table of Contents
- Offensive Content
- Bulk Commercial E-Mail
- Unsolicited E-Mail
- Material Protected by Copyright
- Copyright Infringement Notice
- Internet Abuse
- Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
- Amendments/Changes to AUP
1. Offensive Content
You may not publish, transmit, or upload via or to Wave Works Solutions' service any content (including Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, blogs, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Wave Works Solutions) that:
- contains expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, or sexually explicit material;
- could give rise to any civil or criminal liability;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- infringes or assists others on infringing on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- violates or promotes violation of local, state, national, or international laws, including those regarding drugs, export control, gambling, or arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Wave Works Solutions; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Wave Works Solutions by offended viewers;
- is potentially harmful to minors, as determined in Wave Works Solutions sole discretion, including but not limited to, child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography. Any website found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice;
- restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying Wave Works Solutions' service or website, or which, in the judgment of Wave Works Solutions, exposes Wave Works Solutions or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type;
- may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots;
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our policies or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
SECTION 230(C) OF THE COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT
Websites hosted on Wave Works Solutions' servers in the U.S. are regulated by U.S. law. Accordingly, pursuant to Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, Wave Works Solutions' policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a webhost, Wave Works Solutions is not a publisher of user content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case where a court order states or indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
3. Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain Wave Works Solutions' advance written approval for any bulk commercial e-mail or unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, or solicitations (like "spam"), including commercial advertisements and informational announcements, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to Wave Works Solutions' reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and Wave Works Solutions' requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request;
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, "You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites," and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, "If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word "Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You must post an firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN-SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Wave Works Solutions service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Wave Works Solutions service. In addition, you may not use a third-party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.Wave Works Solutions may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
Wave Works Solutions reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply with our policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency that we deem necessary at our sole discretion. We may terminate the account of anyone who sends out spam with or without notice.
4. Unsolicited E-Mail
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Wave Works Solutions' services.
5. Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this prohibition will be suspended or terminated.
If you believe your intellectual property rights are being infringed upon, please email us at
6. Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Wave Works Solutions network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to:
Wave Works Solutions, LLC
6059 Allentown Blvd,
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Wave Works Solutions to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Wave Works Solutions to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Wave Works Solutions network.
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this AUP or misuse Wave Works Solutions' services. Wave Works Solutions is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Wave Works Solutions network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to .
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
9. Internet Abuse
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Wave Works Solutions and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Wave Works Solutions' network.
- Use of Wave Works Solutions' network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Wave Works Solutions' other customers use of the network
10. Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
11. Amendments/Changes to AUP
Wave Works Solutions may modify this AUP from time to time, and will always post the most current version on our site. If a modification meaningfully reduces your rights, Wave Works Solutions will notify you (by, for example, sending you an email or displaying a prominent notice within the website). The notice will designate a reasonable period after which the new terms will take effect. Modifications will never apply retroactively. By continuing to use or access the Services after any modifications come into effect, you agree to be bound by the modified AUP. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our products and/or services.